Saturday, March 5, 2011

Spring Break Blue's

For the past week we've been on Spring Break, and since I'm not so busy I've cheated a bit. But I've been still trying to maintain my exercise and limiting the junk. Going to the movies I'd have to say is the hardest. You just want all the munchies there! I really haven't lost anything significant this week but since I've written last I've lost a total of 7 pounds now. Hopefully next week I will completely be out of the 180's! If I do, I'm going to go get a pedicure with a facial. Now that's motivation!

Just wanted to share how I make my fries!

Preheat oven to 400
Wash a baking potato and peel
Cut the potato into french fry strips (I cut them as small as I can so it seems like I'm getting more fries)
Put the fries into a large bowl of water with a few tablespoons of canola oil in it
Mix well with your hands
Pull the fries out of the bowl and scatter them on a baking tray ( I don't, but you could sprinkle salt here if desired, not that healthy though)
I usually bake them for a total of 25 minutes and I try to flip them half way through so they get crispy
If they aren't at the end I broil them for a minute til they are

I dunk em in Ketchup! A 10 oz potato prepared this way with the ketchup is about 260 calories. Not too bad if you go look at how many calories are in your everyday french fries at McDonald's. The way I cut them makes it seem like you are eating a Large french fry from there because I cut them so small. Very satisfying and great with a small steak and some greens!

No comments:

Post a Comment